The Saragosa SW comes in a wide range of sizes from 5000 up to a massive 25000 to suit the demands of all saltwater game anglers. The smaller sizes are perfect for casting, spinning and jigging whilst the 20000 and 25000 sizes, with their rigid support cross carbon drags are perfect for large bluewater game fish like tuna. Packed with the best Shimano features including X-ship and HD gear, the Saragosa SW also features X-shield waterproof body and drag to protect it from the harsh saltwater environment.
Shimano Saragosa Fishing Reel Features
- Hagane Gear: produced by Shimano’s coldforging technology, without the need for additional machining. This delivers a longlasting smoothness, strength, lightness and power at the very heart of the reel. Traditional diecast, machined gears are less durable under heavy loads.
- X-Ship: a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- X-Protect: The contact type triplelip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the ‘silky smooth rotation capacity’, the vital feature of STELLA SW, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- ARC Spool: a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
- DynaBalance: reduces wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing Shimano are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create eliminate vibrations.
- Floating Shaft II: The key friction area on most fixed spool reels is where the spool drive shaft meets the pinion. Shimano designers have overcome this by reducing a large percentage of surface area contact and incorporating bearings on either side of the shaft. The resultant design leaves the shaft in a ‘floating’ position, considerably improving efficiency and longevity.
- HyperGear: The precision engineered main Hypergear transmits more power from the handle to the rotor. Designed to exacting tolerances, it requires less effort but returns more retrieve playing torque with vastly reduced component wear.
- Super Stopper II: eliminates backward movement and free play in the handle when the reel is set in antireverse.
- VariSpeed II: an oscillation system that moves with two variable speeds to lay the line flat and smooth onto the spool. This provides troublefree, longer distant casts.