The new Saragosa SW is a mid-priced durable, powerful and light weight saltwater reel designed purposely for offshore casting and jigging. Durability is greatly improved by improved HAGANE gearing and the addition of X Protect (IPX-8 rating).
In addition to durability, the Saragosa SW offers you high cranking power by means of the new Infinity Drive feature..
Shimano Saragosa Fishing Reel Features
- Hagane Gear: produced by Shimano’s coldforging technology, without the need for additional machining. This delivers a longlasting smoothness, strength, lightness and power at the very heart of the reel. Traditional diecast, machined gears are less durable under heavy loads.
- X-Ship: a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- X-Protect: The contact type triplelip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the ‘silky smooth rotation capacity’, the vital feature of STELLA SW, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- ARC Spool: a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
- Infinity Drive: INFINITY DRIVE is a new construction that eliminates sliding resistance and realizes light winding in both load and no-load conditions. INFINITY DRIVE is a non-contact construction where the inside of the pinion gear does not touch the main shaft. This reduction in sliding resistance is achieved by the application of a special low friction bushing which holds the main shaft and in addition a by the application of a special surface treatment to the main shaft itself. Handle rotation torque is reduced by approximately 30%* compared to the conventional X-SHIP construction.
- S ARB: Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.