This is the base MXL model, and is precision machined from 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminion and stainless steel components, and anodised for superior corrosion resistance and a beautifulk finish. The true one piece frame gives ultimate strength, while the sealed bearings and patent dog and gear anti-reverse ensure smooth running under load. The drag lever is adjustable to ensure you have control over the powerful carbon fiber drag system. The off-set machined handle reduces centreline profile and helps to reduce crank wobble.
Avet MXL Single Speed Fishing Reel Features
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Our patented, indestructable, SILENT dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- Up to 9lbs of drag at strike, 14lbs full, RAPTOR models 22lbs at strike, 32lbs at full.
- 8 sealed stainless steel ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
- Matching machined aluminium rod clamp.
- Proudly made in the USA
Avet MXL Customer Review
"Thanks Rokmax…in a stroke you’ve consigned my 35 year-old cherished collection of original brass framed ‘Made-in-Sweden’ multipliers to the dustbin. Great reels which still work a treat, but the Avet MXL you sold me 18 months ago has injected unimaginable new fun into my light wrecking, up-tiding and rock fishing sessions. Distortion-proof frame, sweet as a nut gearing and the silkiest lever drag system I’ve ever used is just the start of the experience.
Yes, I’m going to place an order for two more from Avet’s amazing range any day soon. Just a pity I won’t be around another 35 years from now to tell folk how well they’re still doing! Keep up the good work, Rokmax."
– Robin Scott, Editor-at-Large for the Timeinc shooting portfolio of magazines, award winning Angling Times journalist, former Editor of Sea Fishing Handbook and a former Chairman of the United Kingdom Surfcasting Federation.
Line Class: 15-30lb
Mono Capacity (yds.): 20-360, 25-320, 30-240
Braid Capacity (yds.): 40-960, 50-680, 65-450
Maximum Drag (lbs): Strike 9, Full 14
Gear Ratio: 5.8:1
Inches Per Crank: 38"
Reel Diameter (in.): 2-3/4"
Spool Width (in.): 1-7/8"
Weight (oz.): 18