This is the flagship model in the MXL range, and is precision machined from 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components, and anodised for superior corrosion resistance and a beautiful finish. The adjustable lever drag gives you full control over the dual direct drive full surface caliper brake system, giving twice the capacity of the normal Avet models. The Raptor features a 2 speed gear sytem, operated by a push button at the centre of the handle arm, and adjustable magnetic anti-backlash cast control system to ensure you have a wide range of options to cover every casting application.
Avet MXL Raptor Classic Two Speed Magic Cast Reel Features
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Our patented, indestructable, SILENT dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- Up to 9lbs of drag at strike, 14lbs full, RAPTOR models 22lbs at strike, 32lbs at full.
- 8 sealed stainless steel ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
- Matching machined aluminium rod clamp.
- Proudly made in the USA
Avet MXL Raptor Classic Two Speed - No Magic Cast
In some circumstances, particularly when these reels are to be used primarily for jigging it is better to not have the Magic Cast function. Deleting the Magic cast allows the spool to spin faster allowing your jig to get down to the strike zone quicker and more efficiently. We advise you to select a No Magic Cast version from the drop down if you want the reel for jigging.