This is the narrow spool version of the standard HX model. The reel is precision machined from 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components, and anodised for superior corrosion resistance and a beautiful finish.
The lever drag is adjustable to allow you full control of the powerful carbon fibre drag system, while the sealed bearings and dog and gear anti-reverse ensure smooth running under load.
The machined off-set handle reduces centreline profile and houses the push-button control for the two speed gearing. The adjustable magnetic anti-backlash control system ensures you have a wide variety of options to cover every casting situation.
Avet HXJ 5/2 Raptor Classic Fishing Reel Features
- Features patented, powerful Dual carbon fibre drag system producing Twice the drag output of standard series reels
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components.
- Anodised for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Patented, indestructible, SILENT dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fibre drags for superior stopping power, smoothness, and wear resistance.
- Up to 40 lbs. at strike, 50 lbs. full.
- 9 related stainless steel ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Matching machined aluminium rod clamp.
- Proudly made in USA.
Avet HXJ 5/2 Raptor Classic - No Magic Cast
In some circumstances, particularly when these reels are to be used primarily for jigging it is better to not have the Magic Cast function. Deleting the Magic cast allows the spool to spin faster allowing your jig to get down to the strike zone quicker and more efficiently. We advise you to select a No Magic Cast version from the drop down if you want the reel for jigging.