GYOTAKU is the traditional Japanese method of fish printing. This intricate immortalisation process was originally used by fishermen in the 1800’s to record their catch by using ink, rice paper, and delicate hand pressing to create a fish image.
Today, Gyotaku has become an art form of its own utilizing a wide variety of fish and ocean creatures as a method of printmaking. Pelagic's Gyotaku Collection pays homage to the sea through the traditional Japanese method of fish printing.
Using original Gyotaku art, this collection of men’s, women’s, & youth fishing apparel products reveals intricate prints of your favourite oceanic pelagics including marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi, wahoo & flying fish.
Pelagic Aquatek Hooded Gyotaku Fishing Shirt Features
- Pelagic Gyotaku graphic on back
- Pelagic Gyotaku graphic chest hit
- Material: 100% Nylon
- 50+ UPF Protection -Ultimate protection from the sun's harmful rays.
- Water and Stain Repellent -Prevents absorption of liquids and reduces staining.
- Vented For Air Flow and Cooling - Articulated venting to promote airflow to key cooling areas.
- Ultra Soft Feel -Buttery soft next to skin feel.