Based upon a narrow body principle which equals less weight, smaller dimensions and easier handling than equivalent lever drag multipliers, Talica is truly a high-speed dream machine.
A one-piece cold forged and machined aluminium frame is treated with a proprietary surface process for cutting-edge corrosion protection. Shimano then added a light weight cold forged aluminium spool, oversized high efficiency gears, waterproof carbon drag system and six SA-RB bearings for super slick operation.
The two-speed Talica is available in six sizes - 10, 12, 16, 20, 25 and 50. The use of HEG in both high and low speeds sets Talica apart from any other reel. The incredible cranking power in either gear makes Talica a pleasure to fight big fish with.
Shimano Talica Fishing Reel Features
- HAGANE BODY: The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- Cold-Forged and Machined Aluminium Frame & Spool - Diecast aluminium is used for many types of reel and is most common on fixed spool reel bodies and rotors. It is also used for spools on P4 fixed spool reels and come baitcasting models.
- Topless Design (no obtrusive crossbar)
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers (Ultra Drag!)
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged) - Using special protection gaskets, the drag is protected against the intrusion of water for more consistent drag performance.
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Pre-set Knot with Clicker - Increases the tension on Freespool and activates a clicking alarm when a fish bites.
- HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S-ARB Bearings (Shielded ARB Ball Bearings) - Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- Aluminium Rod Clamp
- Power Handle