Fall action of jigs can be controlled more easily without having to monitor the fall speed, allowing anglers to focus on detecting bites underwater.
The handle knob has also been re-designed to be lighter and give a better grip to anglers so as to facilitate mid-deep games.
Complementing the fall lever are the Infinity Drive and Micromodule Gear II to provide a smooth cranking experience. Left and Right Hand Wind versions of this reel are available.
This reel is manufactured in Japan.
Shimano Ocea Jigger F Custom Fishing Reel Features
- Hagane Aluminium Body: produced from high rigidity aluminium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rock-solid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- Micromodule II Gearing: Improved Micro Module gearing, making the reeling extreme smooth.
- Infinity Drive: a new construction that eliminates sliding resistance and realizes light winding in both load and no-load conditions. INFINITY DRIVE is a non-contact construction where the inside of the pinion gear does not touch the main shaft. This reduction in sliding resistance is achieved by the application of a special low friction bushing which holds the main shaft and in addition a by the application of a special surface treatment to the main shaft itself. Handle rotation torque is reduced by approximately 30%* compared to the conventional X-SHIP construction.
- XProtect: The contact type triple lip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance.
- Fallever: A newly designed lever allowing anglers to control the falling speed of jigs easily. This feature is able to help anglers greatly in displaying a more appealing fall action of jigs.
- Compact Reel: A compact body is a reel with a smaller body than usual, when you compare it to the line capacity of a equivalent model.
- 8 + 1 S-ARB Bearings: Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- Drag Sound: Exciting Drag Sound is a technology which enables to have a drag sound on a baitcasting reel, without using a rattle / clicker function. It works just the same as the sound of a spinning reel when line is pulled from the drag: a 'click-click-click' or a 'swoosh' sound is heard. This is a nice feature for a lot of anglers, who like to fish with a baitcasting reel but who are missing the sound of the drag when fighting a fish.