Designed for use with hollow-core superbraid lines available today, it's now possible to target large game species with a reel half of the size and weight compared to a traditional reel designed for similar monofilament line and drag capacities. Importantly, the HXW Raptor has a very impressive drag and serious cranking power to back it up!
The Avet Raptor Series comes standard with Avet's innovative 2-speed gears and a ratcheting drag lever with a positive stop strike button to prevent accidental advancement past strike. Featuring Avet's patented DUAL DIRECT DRIVE Full Surface Caliper Brake System, Raptor models put out nearly twice the drag pressure of the original Avets! There's a Raptor model that will stop any fish in the ocean, yet small and light enough to cast. If you find a fish too big for a Raptor, you probably wouldn't want it near your boat! The Raptor Series reels are the same sizes as the original Avet reels, with enhanced line capacities, and each are engineered and built to fish several line classes heavier than the original Avet Reels.
Avet HXW 5/2 Two Speed Raptor Fishing Reel Features
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set. Up to 40lbs drag pressure on strike and 50lb on full available.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Avet's patented, indestructible, silent dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fibre brake pads for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- 8 sealed stainless ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centreline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Stainless steel harness lugs, reversible to store within reel when not needed.
- Wide spool design for large line capacities.
- Matching machined aluminium rod clamp.
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- HXW Reel diameter: 3.5 in.
- HX Crank handle length: 3-3/8 in. Raptor has T-Bar knob.
- Prevention of backlash and has a line out adjustment for live bait fishing.