This saltwater boat fishing reel has an attractive look reel with the matt black finish of the frame and side-plates nicely off set by the black anodised spool and handle plus the blue detailing on the spool, tension knob and star drag. The one piece machined aluminium frame gives strength and rigidity and both the frame and matching side-plate have an anodised finish to avoid corrosion.
Daiwa's lightning fast 6.4:1 Digigear system coupled with the adjustable cranked handle and large EVA knob make short work of retrieving gear and fish. If you are fortunate enough to hook a fish which pulls back then the smooth and consistent 8kg star drag system help you to play your prize to the net.
A centrifugal braking system gives you spool control for long trouble free casting and the 4 + 1 Stainless ball bearings keep everything running silky smooth.
The reel is great for mixed to rough ground shore fishing, uptide fishing and general inshore bottom fishing on the boat as well as drift fishing and working jigs.
Daiwa 18 Saltist Multiplier Saltwater Fishing Reel Features
- Strong, Compact and Light
- Suited to line classes from 15 to 50lb mono or braid to 100lbs
- Up to 25lbs Drag
- Constructed from machined aluminium
- 4 CRBB ball bearings and a roller bearing
- Anodized for maximum corrosion resistance
- Extremely smooth ‘free spool’
- Centrifugal Breaking System for control and longer casts