TLD's are a tried and tested product which is widely regarded as being the industry standard in terms of affordable, high performance, lever drag multiplier reels.
The design meets the demanding requirements of British sea anglers who typically load their reels with either monofilament or braided lines, fishing for a wide variety of species with natural baits or artificial lures at anchor or on the drift.
TLD 2-Speed are also the perfect choice for the increasing number of anglers who travel abroad to fish for the likes of Billfish, Tuna and other large, powerful and fast running species.
Shimano TLD Multiplier Reel Features
- ARB - The secret of long-term rotation performance is to prevent any form of rust, corrosion or oxidisation of the bearings, which can cause a reduction in the reels performance over time. Shimano ARB bearings are the answer to this and are fitted as standard on most Shimano freshwater reels and on all Shimano saltwater models.
- 2 Speed Gearing - This shifting mechanism is designed so that gearing changes are quick and easy, even when fighting a fish. The low gear ratio used for high-power retrieves is selected by pushing the button on the base of the handle. Return to the highspeed ratio by sliding the release button along the handle shank. By using two sets of gears, the drive and pinion gears are always engaged. There is no gear meshing during the shift.
- Waterproof Drag - Using special protection gaskets, the drag is protected against the intrusion of water for more consistent drag performance.
- Diecast Aluminium - Diecast aluminium is used for many types of reel and is most common on fixed spool reel bodies and rotors. It is also used for spools on P4 fixed spool reels and come baitcasting models.
- XT7 - XT7 is the original Shimano composite reel material. Used on mid-priced and budget reels and spools XT7 is reliable, robust and lightweight.
- Clicker System - Increases the tension on Freespool and activates a clicking alarm when a fish bites.