This incredible big game fishing reel, that has became a worldwide market leader, has too many features to explain! It's the solid construction, in combination with easy to use features, that is loved by the most demanding big game fishermen.
A one-piece machined aluminium frame, Cold forged aluminium spool, A-RB ball bearings, 2-speed gears, Twin Disk Drag system (on 16 size), elastomere grip and much more. This reel will play and tame the biggest fish with poise. The Tiagra A reel will give you confidence in your tackle, allowing you to concentrate on catching. Tiagra handle options The handle on any large multiplier is an important feature.
Shimano use two different styles depending on the model you choose. TI12 and TI16 models feature Shimanos Ergonomic Power Handle (shown on product shot), whilst larger models are kitted out with elastomere Crank Handles (shown in detail shot). Both are soft to the touch and offer the maximum in both grip and comfort, whilst giving you the maximum torque when winding in that fish of a lifetime.
Shimano Tiagra Fishing Reel Features
- Hagane Body: The body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- ARB: The secret of longterm rotation performance is to prevent any form of rust, corrosion or oxidisation of the bearings, which can cause a reduction in the reels performance over time. Shimano ARB bearings are the answer to this and are fitted as standard on most Shimano freshwater reels and on all Shimano saltwater models.
- Waterproof Drag: Using special protection gaskets, the drag is protected against the intrusion of water for more consistent drag performance.
- Cold Forged Aluminium: Cold Forged aluminium is used for some 'round' reels, fly reels and is also used for many types of spool. Made from one single piece of aluminium Cold Forging produces great strength.
- Machined Aluminium: Machined aluminum is used for the very best multiplier reels where precision, strength and lightness are very important.
- Clicker System: Increases the tension on Freespool and activates a clicking alarm when a fish bites.
- 2-Speed Gearing: This shifting mechanism is designed so that gearing changes are quick and easy, even when fighting a fish. The low gear ratio used for highpower retrieves is selected by pushing the button on the base of the handle. Return to the highspeed ratio by sliding the release button along the handle shank. By using two sets of gears, the drive and pinion gears are always engaged. There is no gear meshing during the shift.