The new Ocea Jigger has made an extreme make-over compared to the beloved ‘11Ocea Jigger. This flagship of jigging reels comes with all exciting features like the Infinity Drive and Micro Module Gear, which results in 60% reduction of the reeling resistance compared to the old model and a very smooth retrieve.
The newly designed handle is especially designed to provide a firm grip and the ability to give extra power without losing grip.
The combination of the Hagane body and S-compact body results in an immensely strong and though lightweight (595g) jigging reel. Due to the 8 Shielded A-RB ball bearings and X-Protect it is highly salt water resistible and durable. The ‘17 Ocea jigger will be available in two different versions; the PG version with 5,1:1 gearing (96cm/crank) and the HG version with 6;2:1 gearing (117cm/crank) and both in left or right handed version. With a drag of 10kg, fighting the biggest fish is not a problem anymore.
So taking all the new features into account, the new Ocea Jigger is just the must-have for all serious anglers who love to go out jigging on the ocean. When targeting big amberjack or dentex in Italy or massive cod or halibut in the northern of Norway, the ‘17 Ocea Jigger is the partner you can fully rely on, day in day out.
Shimano Ocea Jigging Reel Feature
- MicroModule - The addition of MicroModule gear technology to the worm shaft idle gear reduces oscillation vibration. This is an incredible breakthrough in design and delivers an outstanding level smoothness without sacrificing strength or durability. The enhanced smoothness results in greater sensitivity transmitted from your rod, line and lure to your hand.
- Hagane Body - The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- XProtect - The contact type triplelip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the 'silky smooth rotation capacity', the vital feature of STELLA SW, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- EI Surface Treatment - E.I Surface treatment doubles the durability of the spool surface and gives less wear out by eliminating oxidation.
- S ARB - Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- Super Free System - The Super Free bearing supported pinion gear system (SF) was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft, creating friction and limiting the length of the cast. With SF, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, and when the clutch is disengaged the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in precise alignment. The result is zero friction on the spool shaft for increased freespool.
- Waterproof Drag - Using special protection gaskets, the drag is protected against the intrusion of water for more consistent drag performance.