This is the narrow spool version of the standard MXL reel. The reel is precision machined from 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel, and anodised for superior corrosion resistance and a beautiful finish. The drag lever is adjustable to give you full control of the powerful carbon fibre drag system, while the sealed bearings and patent dog and anti-reverse gear ensure the reel performs perfectly under load. The off-set machined handle reduces centreline profile, reducing crank wobble.
Avet MXJ 5.8 G2 Lever Drag Fishing Reel Features
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminium and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- Re-designed, true one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set, ratcheting glide plate, and strike stop button.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Patented, indestructible, SILENT dog and gear anti-reverse system - the most reliable in the industry has been re-designed with more engagement teeth to reduce handle back-play.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fibre drags for superior stopping power, smoothness, and wear resistance.
- 40% more drag output than our Classic Series, up to 12 lbs. of drag at strike, 20 lbs. full.
- Eight related stainless steel ball bearings.
- Re-designed, loud Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Matching machined aluminium rod clamp.
- Proudly made in USA.
If the Avet reel model/colour/spec you are looking for is not showing as being in stock please telephone us on 01635 500399. We will usually be able to order & deliver your reel within 10-14 days.