Possibly the world's best hook sharpener. Grit diamond hone, with groove for point sharpening.
Eze-Lap Hook Sharpener Features
- 2-1/4" Diamond D shaped shaft with groove for fishhooks.
- Opens to 5-7/16".
- Stores in pen type cap
To Sharpen a Hook
- Grasp the point of the hook between forefinger and thumb as if to squeeze the point.
- Force the EZE-LAP between your thumb and finger so it contacts the point or barb. Your thumb and finger act as a sharpening guide to achieve the right angle.
- Test the point on you thumbnail. If it skids on your nail under very low pressure, sharpen it again. Be very careful not to puncture your nail with the ultra-sharp point EZE-LAP will give your hook.
- The EZE-LAP Model “S” pocket clip tool has a small flat area with a groove on the back of the sharpener. A hook is sharpened by rubbing the point back and forth in this groove, with the final finishing strokes made into the point.