All Saltiga LD reels feature a one-piece machined aluminium frame and side plate to assure precise alignment of bearings and gears for amazingly smooth performance, less flex, more power and reduced binding even during the fiercest battles. Oversized, super-hard, polished and meshed stainless steel main and pinion gears fit together perfectly to drive the kicking gear with extra strength and nearly silent precision while large spool bearings reduce side load so anglers can concentrate on fighting fish rather than the reel.
The acclaimed ATD Drag keeps each Saltiga LD cool during the heat of battle while providing consistent maximum pressure through the end game. A machined aluminium spool won't bend under high drag pressure or outwardly expand as you tightly wind on line. A machined aluminium rod clamp always keeps your reel tightly secured.
All single and smaller two-speed models, boast soft-touch rubber handles for fast, comfortable retrieves. The larger size 50 and 60 2-speed models feature a long T style offset aluminium power handle to improve leverage and comfort without blistering your hand when the fight is on. The Saltiga LD series also incorporates all CRBB ball bearings for a longer reel life and more consistent performance.
Daiwa 20 Saltiga LD Single & Two Speed Reel Features
- Lever Drag: A lever control system that allows drag pressure to be easily applied by pushing the lever forward. Allows for increased pressure to applied, and is ideal for jigging and deep water angling.
- One-Piece Machined Aluminium Frame: Lightweight and incredibly strong, Machine Cut Alloy provides body strength and reduced weight to be achieved without the cost and corrosion issues of other metals.
- ATD Drag: Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- 6 CRBB: 6 Corrosion resistant ball bearings
- Stainless steel main gear and pinion: Harder & stronger than any other material, Stainless Steel significantly increases gear longevity. Unmatched against corrosion, Stainless Steel gears will help fight against pitting and premature wear which can lead to increased feedback.