The ultra thin, strong and lightweight Tiagra Ultra A Standup is build from a carbon fibre exclusive to Shimano. This material reduces the overall weight dramatically and improves the feel and action of the rod when playing fish. From 30-50lb the rod is fitted with Alps RX double leg roller guides, whilst the lighter models have the single leg version. The twist control feature keeps the blank from twisting, allowing the line to run smoothly through the guides at all times.
Shimano Tiagra Ultra A Stand Up Rod Features
- Twist Control - Reduces rod twist when playing fish, keeping the guides alligned correctly for a perfect line guidance.
- HPC300 - Shimano High Pressure Carbon is a process which creates stronger, more responsive blanks. Pressure is applied to the blank surface during curing (heating) which evenly distributes the resin through the carbon fibre matrix. The result is a much stronger, more consistent performance and improved responsive.
- Biofibre - Adding Biofibre reinforces the carbon fibres in all directions. This gives outstanding strength, shock resistance, lightness and power.
- Alps Guides - For high quality salt water rods, Shimano often select ALPS guides and reel seats. ALPS roller guides have a reputation for excellence which perfectly matches the expectations of Shimano.
- Pacific Bay Reelseat - Machined from marine grade aluminum and anodized to prevent corrosion. Extra thick wall with deep cut threads and heavy duty machined hoods which will provide years of trouble-free use.
- Complete with neoprene bag.