The blank benefits from NANO technology: this makes the blank stronger, lighter and more resistant to the stresses and strains of big game fishing. These features make the new Tiagra Hyper an excellent choice for anglers targeting large tuna, marlin or sharks.
Shimano Tiagra Hyper Fishing Rod Features
- Strong and powerful XT5 blank, resulting in reduced blank diameter with a higher torsional twist resistance and greater resistance to overloading.
- High Pressure Carbon - Shimano High Pressure Carbon is a process which creates stronger, more responsive blanks. Pressure is applied to the blank surface during curing (heating) which evenly distributes the resin through the carbon fibre matrix. The result is a much stronger, more consistent performance and improved responsive.
- Pac Bay Channel Lock Seat to ensure the reel can be fixed tightly to the rod. Machined from marine grade aluminium and anodised to prevent corrosion. Extra thick wall with deep cut threads and heavy duty machined hoods which will provide years of trouble-free use.
- Very strong and lightweight AFTCO roller guides - The finest made for the ultimate in roller guide performance, AFTCO's Big Foot® Super Heavy Duty (BBSHD) and Wind-On (BBWO) Ball Bearing roller guides offer the highest standards for performance and durability,and virtually eliminate maintenance concerns! These are the "Rolls Royce" of roller guides - costly perhaps,but simply the finest ever made. The ball bearings are satellite quality,and precision-built to the tolerances only AFTCO guides offer.
- Full Carbon butt section
- Black Leather Winn grip for maximum grip and comfort, (even in wet conditions).
- Alloy Gimbal to secure the rod to the fighting belt.