The new Tiagra XTR-A still has a HPC250 carbon blank mixed with Biofibre for strength but with the use of higher tonnage carbon, the blank is lighter and stronger. Cosmetics have been totally refreshed to give the rod a stunning new look.
Shimano Tiagra XTR-A Stand-Up Fishing Rod
- Bent butt
- 5 Pac Bay Rollers + Pac Bay Roller Tip
- Ergonomic fore grip
- Powerful true 80lb IGFA rated blank
- HPC High Pressure Carbon:Shimano High Pressure Carbon is a process which creates stronger, more responsive blanks. Pressure is applied to the blank surface during curing (heating) which evenly distributes the resin through the carbon fibre matrix. The result is a much stronger, more consistent performance and improved responsive.
- Biofibre: Adding Biofibre reinforces the carbon fibres in all directions. This gives outstanding strength, shock resistance, lightness and power.
- Pacific Bay Reel Seat:Machined from marine grade aluminium and anodized to prevent corrosion. Extra thick wall with deep cut threads and heavy duty machined hoods which will provide years of trouble-free use.
- ALPS Guide:For high quality salt water rods, Shimano often select ALPS guides. ALPS roller guides have a reputation for excellence which perfectly matches the expectations of Shimano.